ওয়ার্ডপ্রেস ওয়েব সাইটের নিরাপত্তা খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ একটি বিষয়। যদি ওয়ার্ডপ্রেসের নিরাপত্তা না দিতে পারেন, তাহলে হয়তো ওয়ার্ডপ্রেস ওয়েবসাইট হ্যাকারের হাতে চলে যেতে পারে। হয়তো আপনার মূল্যবান কনটেন্টগুলো নষ্ট হতে পারে। হারিয়ে যেতে পারে, ডিলিট করতে পারে, আপনার ওয়েবসাইট পুরো নিয়ন্ত্রণ নিতে পারে, সে ক্ষেত্রে ওয়ার্ডপ্রেস ওয়েবসাইট গুলো সিক্যুয়েল রাখা অত্যন্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ একটি বিষয়। এই পোস্টটিতে আপনাকে দেখাবো, আপনি কিভাবে সবচেয়ে ভালো সিকিউরিটি প্লাগিন খুঁজে পেতে পারেন। Best Wordpress Security Plugins
|Security Plugin||Rating (WordPress.org)||Price|
|6. BulletProof Security||4.8/5||Free|
|7. All in One WP Security & Firewall||4.8/5||Free|
|8. Google Authenticator||4.5/5||Free|
8 Best WordPress Security Plugins to Protect Your Site
The best free WordPress security plugin available today is Sucuri. The all-in-one security solution is wildly popular for good reason.
Although Sucuri is a great free WordPress security plugin for websites, the pro version is actually the real must-have for every website owner.
- Sucuri will clean up your WordPress site at no additional cost if it’s infected with malware.
- Easy setup in your WordPress dashboard.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) protection helps you block brute force and DDoS attacks from accessing your WordPress site.
- Lets you conduct file integrity monitoring and malware scanning (and of course malware removal). This makes Sucuri a great MalCare alternative.
- Effective security hardening.
- Keeps track of everything that happens on your site, including file changes, last logins, and failed login attempts.
- Some plans offer advanced DDoS protection.
- Can reduce server load time and improve your site’s performance by blocking malicious traffic.
- Serves static content from their own CDN servers.
- Protects your WordPress website against SQL Injections, XSS, and all known attacks.
2. iThemes Security Pro
If you’re a WordPress user, you might be familiar with the team that created iThemes Security Pro since they also built the popular BackupBuddy plugin and other great themes and plugins. All of their tools offer an easy-to-use interface for brute force security protection and more.
- Two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security
- Powerful password enforcement
- 404 detection and plugin scans
- Scheduled WordPress backups
- Locks out any suspicious IP that scans for vulnerabilities on your site so they can’t gain access
- Sends email alerts to notify you of any recent file updates on your site that may be malicious
- Ability to limit login attempts
- Protects WordPress plugins and themes
- Although there’s no website firewall protection or malware scan, they do use Sucuri‘s Sitecheck malware scanner
Another popular all-in-one solution on our list for the best WordPress protection plugins is Jetpack. This well-known plugin lets you easily scan your WordPress files for security vulnerabilities and has over 5 million active installs.
- Real-time backups save every change you make to your website
- 1-click restore to get your site back online quickly
- Activity log tells you exactly which action (or person) broke your site
- Decentralized malware scanning keeps your site safe from security threats
- Offers anti-spam protection by automatically blocks spam in blog post comments
- Alerts you via email the moment it detects that your WordPress site is down
- Brute force protection defends your site against login attacks and harmful malware
- Includes website design features and automated marketing tools
- Keeps your WordPress plugins automatically updated and lets you know if you’re using the latest version of WordPress
Another great solution for WordPress website security is WPScan. This user-friendly tool has been around since 2012 and can keep your website safe and secure on the backend. It works by cataloging tons of different known threats and reports the important ones to you, so you can avoid unwanted security issues.
- Open-source tool with unique functionality that can be used to scan remote WordPress installations to pinpoint security issues
- Their database of vulnerabilities is updated daily by community members and dedicated WordPress security specialists
- Daily automated scans to look for malicious code
- Email notifications
- Helps by auditing a database of known issues with things that will impact you like WordPress plugins, WordPress core, and WordPress themes.
Wordfence is a WordPress security plugin that has some amazing features to protect your WordPress site. You can use the basic version without spending a cent.
- Basic version is free to use for as many sites as you need
- Monitors visits and hack attempts in real time including origin, their IP address, the time of day, and time spent on your site
- Tracks and alerts you about breached password usage so you can create a new strong password immediately
- Protects from brute force attacks by limiting failed login attempts
- Has customizable email alerts
- Pro version lets you monitor all sites from a central dashboard
6. BulletProof Security
BulletProof Security is a WordPress security plugin that doesn’t look all that cool, but gets you some basic security features for free, so it’s worth being on the list.
- A somewhat easy-to-use setup wizard
- Malware scanning and firewalls
- Database backups
- Login protection
- Email notifications with security logs when a user gets locked out from failed login attempts
- Idle session logouts
7. All In One WP Security & Firewall
It’s easy (and free) to use All In One WP Security & Firewall to apply most WordPress best practices for security to your small business website. But the tool is pretty basic and not as beginner-friendly as the more well-known solutions.
- Scanning for malicious patterns
- IP filtering to block specific people and geographical locations
- Login lockdowns after failed login attempts
- View a list of locked out users to unlock individuals in just a few clicks
- A password strength tool to allow you to generate appropriately strong passwords
- User account monitoring
- A website-level firewall (but does lack a DNS-level firewall)
8. Google Authenticator
Setting up two-factor authentication for extra security is a really good idea to keep your website secure. Google Authenticator lets you do just that. And it’s on our list since most security plugins don’t include this.
- Adds an extra layer of security to your login
- Has a simple interface and is moderately easy-to-use
- Lets you pick which type of two-factor authentication you want to use
- Offers shortcodes so you can do things like use it on custom login pages